We are only as good as our projects, and we rely on our Project Manager to keep the work of our most critical accounts on schedule. Sometimes that means trafficking work through the creative process, but it can also mean supporting the client relationship, researching promotional offerings, managing vendor relationships, and even coordinating production. Agility and attention to detail are a must for this role; bonus points if you can handle pressure with a sense of humor.
We are currently working remotely but hybrid work is within our foreseeable future, so we are seeking candidates who are within a reasonable commute.
We’re looking for a versatile, meticulous team player to support these key clients and the rad work we’re doing with them. This individual will work closely with a small roster of clients, managing all communication between the client and all stakeholder groups, including Defy’s creative and strategic teams.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
You’ll be the keeper of all project plans; the developer and manager of timelines; and the persistent client advocate dedicated to getting every job done right, on time, and in a way that exceeds client expectations. If productivity is your drug and you love a good balancing act, you may be exactly who we need.
As our Project Manager, you will:
- Build strong relationships with clients and Defy staff
- Ensure client satisfaction
- Keep all projects organized, efficient, and on-track
- Develop and manage project plans and timelines
- Identify potential challenges and obstacles in advance to craft solutions
- Deliver ongoing project/client updates
- Manage job trafficking
- Monitor team’s workload/productivity/capacity
Your project management, administrative, and interpersonal skills will be hugely important: much of this job involves coordinating a variety of individuals and churning out super quick-turn jobs, all while keeping highly organized long-term projects on track.
In addition to next-level attention to detail, we’re looking for a candidate who is personable, comfortable communicating with a variety of audiences, and a pragmatic thinker. If that sounds like you, drop us a line—we’d love to hear how your skills and moxie will help Defy continue to up our game.
It would be great, but isn’t required, if you have:
- A working knowledge of AMA style
- Production management experience
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
We believe diversity in all ways informs better work. We welcome all applicants and every unique perspective they bring.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- Salary in the $55k to $65k range based on experience.
- Fully paid benefit options including medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Simple IRA with employer matching.
- Paid vacation and holiday time.
- Unlimited paid sick time.
- Hybrid work experience with flexible scheduling options.
- Half days every Friday in summer.
- Pet-friendly headquarters in Old City Philadelphia.
- Opportunities for career growth.
- Up to $250 in annual wellness expense reimbursements.
- Professional growth is encouraged and funded.
- Free in-office beverages and snacks.
- Did we mention snacks?
HOW TO APPLY
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Project Manager” in the subject line. Initial reviews will be taking place through mid-September.
RECRUITERS – Please DO NOT contact in regards to this job or other jobs.