Motion Designer (Full-Time)
Our team is in need of a full-time Motion Designer to develop compelling, high-quality videos for our broad array of clients. You’ll be expected to complete projects from start to finish – from storyboarding to post-production. Come ready to collaborate as you’ll be working closely with our creative team.
We are currently working remotely but hybrid work is within our foreseeable future, so we are seeking candidates who are within a reasonable commute of our Philadelphia office.
Core Job Responsibilities
The ideal candidate will have experience designing and animating in both 2D and 3D, using text and images in a creative, engaging, and imaginative way. This person will follow and enhance Defy’s current motion standards, working in tandem with colleagues to ensure appropriate delivery of final product. They’ll be able to comfortably manage multiple projects and remain flexible through multiple revisions while maintaining attention to detail.
- 3+ years working professionally as a motion designer or animator, or demonstration of equivalent skill level
- Experience with 3D modeling and animation tools such as C4D or Blender
- Experience with animation and motion design patterns within a product UI
- Photography, videography, and video editing skills
- Storyboarding experience
- Advanced knowledge of After Effects
- Demonstrated knowledge of Illustrator, Photoshop and other design tools to aid in the creation and manipulation of assets
- Deep understanding of design and typography best practices
- Understanding of usability and user-centric design
- Ability to accept direction and constructive critique
What’s in It For You?
- Salary discussed upon interview
- Fully paid benefit options including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Simple IRA with employer matching
- Paid vacation and holiday time
- Unlimited sick time
- Hybrid work experience with flexible scheduling options
- Headquarters in Old City, Philadelphia
- Up to $250 in annual wellness expense reimbursements
- Professional growth is encouraged and funded
- Free in-office beverages and snacks
- Did we mention snacks?
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
We believe diversity in all ways informs better work. We welcome all applicants and every unique perspective they bring.
How to Apply
Send your resume, cover letter, and portfolio/demo reel to firstname.lastname@example.org. Recruiters, please DO NOT contact us about this job or other jobs.