We rely on our Designers to develop unique solutions to client challenges. Sometimes that’s doing the job as briefed—from logos to brand systems, to ad campaigns. Sometimes it’s reimagining what the assignment is to achieve the desired outcome our clients are after. Presentation skills are valued and digital experience is a plus.
We are currently working remotely but hybrid work is within our foreseeable future, so we are seeking candidates who are within a reasonable commute.
We’re looking for a well-rounded, conceptual, curious self-starter who enjoys figuring out new skills and applying their experience to a variety of client needs across a variety of mediums—ranging from environmental to print to digital.
Core Job Responsibilities
You will design across a variety of projects ranging from brand systems and campaigns to video projects, social content suites, logo systems, digital experiences, print production, and presentation tools. The jobs change day-to-day, but on just about all of them you’ll be counted on to think strategically and conceptually.
We are a boutique shop, so in addition to the jobs themselves you will be preparing files for production, building presentation decks, and working up necessary documentation and style guides for handoff to your colleagues, agency partners, and clients.
At Defy, creatives present their own work, so you’ll be called upon to present directly with the support of the larger team—whether it’s to a client’s internal creative team or to an executive board.
- Five or more years of experience in a design capacity within an agency environment
- Passion for creating top notch brand materials and digital experiences
- Comfortable both mentoring junior designers and learning from them
- Can present and defend work to agency and client stakeholders at all levels
- A pro-level grasp of current design software along
- Well-informed knowledge of general design principles
- Experience in UX and UI design
- Page-builder experience a plus
- Good file management habits
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to effectively manage your time and prioritize projects
- Collaborative spirit
- Perpetual interest in learning a new technique or skill
- Comfortable speaking up when issues arise.
What’s in It For You?
- Salary discussed upon interview
- Fully paid benefit options including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Simple IRA with employer matching
- Paid vacation and holiday time
- Unlimited sick time
- Hybrid work experience with flexible scheduling options
- Headquarters in Old City, Philadelphia
- Up to $250 in annual wellness expense reimbursements
- Professional growth is encouraged and funded
- Free in-office beverages and snacks
- Did we mention snacks?
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
We believe diversity in all ways informs better work. We welcome all applicants and every unique perspective they bring.
How to Apply
Send your resume, cover letter, and portfolio/demo reel to email@example.com. Recruiters, please DO NOT contact us about this job or other jobs.